Solar Panel Cost Guide in Gainesville, TX (Feb 2023)
- Gainesville Solar Installation Cost: $14,461
- 25-Year Savings: $22,668
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Gainesville
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to go with a solar company since putting up solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Gainesville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Gainesville
There are several factors that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Gainesville average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid choice because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Gainesville is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,258||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,312||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,516||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,872||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,377||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$49,034||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$55,841||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$62,799||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Gainesville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Gainesville, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.