Solar Panel Cost Guide in Eastland, TX (Feb 2023)
- Eastland Solar Installation Cost: $13,897
- 25-Year Savings: $22,769
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Eastland
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Using a solar company can make switching to solar power much easier. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Eastland
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Eastland
There are a number of factors that can influence your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,690 per kilowatt in Eastland. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Eastland, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Eastland is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$18,080||9.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$24,407||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$30,886||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$37,515||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$44,295||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$51,225||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$58,306||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$65,538||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Eastland, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you choose.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Eastland, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.