Solar Panel Cost Guide in Crane, TX (Feb 2023)
- Crane Solar Installation Cost: $12,993
- 25-Year Savings: $24,195
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Crane
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to go with a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you make the most of incentives in Crane, therefore optimizing your ROI.
Working with a professional solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Crane
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Crane
While the average cost of a solar system in Crane is $12,993, your actual cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Crane, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Crane, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Crane, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar system can influence your pricing. Crane's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Crane know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$20,604||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$27,773||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$35,093||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$42,564||8.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$50,185||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$57,957||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$65,879||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$73,953||7.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will impact not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and models of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Crane, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.