Solar Panel Cost Guide in Commerce, TX (Feb 2023)
- Commerce Solar Installation Cost: $14,650
- 25-Year Savings: $22,538
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Commerce
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Taking advantage of a solar company can make converting to solar power much easier. Companies can also have access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your family.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Commerce
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Commerce
The cost of installing a solar system in Commerce can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Commerce, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Commerce have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$16,941||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$22,889||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$28,987||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,237||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$41,637||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$48,188||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$54,889||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$61,741||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Commerce, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Commerce, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.