Solar Panel Cost Guide in Castroville, TX (Jan 2023)
- Castroville Solar Installation Cost: $14,047
- 25-Year Savings: $24,883
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Castroville
Trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a challenging task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The payback period of solar panels will vary depending on factors like your location and energy usage, but going with a solar company can help you reach a break-even point sooner. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Castroville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Castroville
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that determine your overall cost in Castroville: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,690. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Castroville average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable choice because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you pick will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and find a company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$19,556||9.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$26,375||9.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$33,346||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$40,467||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$47,739||8.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$55,161||8.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$62,734||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$70,458||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will influence not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, including:
- Warranty: If you care about the longevity of your solar panels, verifying that your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Castroville, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.