Solar Panel Cost Guide in Carthage, TX (Feb 2023)
- Carthage Solar Installation Cost: $14,669
- 25-Year Savings: $22,188
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Carthage
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to hire a solar installation company since putting up a solar system yourself can be a time-consuming project. The expertise that solar installers offer can be invaluable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment you need.
If you're looking for a solar company in Carthage, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Carthage
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Carthage
Although the average cost of a solar system in Carthage is $14,669, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will significantly influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Carthage, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of renewable energy solutions in Carthage, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$16,621||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$22,463||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$28,455||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$34,598||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$40,891||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$47,336||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$53,930||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$60,676||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Carthage, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.