Solar Panel Cost Guide in Brownfield, TX (Jan 2023)
- Brownfield Solar Installation Cost: $13,087
- 25-Year Savings: $24,384
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Brownfield
Installing solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming task, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Brownfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Brownfield
There are many criteria that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,690. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Brownfield, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular route because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Brownfield is the company you hire to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, you'll have many options for solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$20,597||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$27,764||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$35,082||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$42,550||8.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$50,169||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$57,939||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$65,859||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$73,930||7.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you need to get plays a part in which installer you should opt for, since different companies have different panels.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Brownfield, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.