Solar Panel Cost Guide in Beaumont, TX (Jan 2023)
- Beaumont Solar Installation Cost: $13,897
- 25-Year Savings: $21,423
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Beaumont
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Going with a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Beaumont, therefore optimizing your ROI.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in Beaumont:
See all of the solar companies in Beaumont
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Beaumont
There are many factors that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Beaumont, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Beaumont average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable option because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you choose to install your solar panel system can play a role in determining how much you pay. Beaumont's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$16,958||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$22,912||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,016||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,272||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$41,678||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$48,234||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$54,941||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$61,799||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Beaumont, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.