Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bay City, TX (Jan 2023)
- Bay City Solar Installation Cost: $13,294
- 25-Year Savings: $24,775
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bay City
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Another benefit of utilizing a solar installer is that they can help you optimize your investment by reducing your future costs of repairs and replacements because of warranties and giving you information on local incentives you can take advantage of.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Bay City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bay City
There are many factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in Bay City, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Bay City, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Bay City homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Bay City is the company you get to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$20,593||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$27,758||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$35,074||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$42,541||8.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$50,158||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$57,926||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$65,845||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$73,914||7.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Bay City, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Bay City, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.