Solar Panel Cost Guide in Woodruff, SC (Jan 2023)
- Woodruff Solar Installation Cost: $15,384
- 25-Year Savings: $30,046
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Woodruff
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring an installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your home.
Working with a vetted solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Woodruff
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Woodruff
There are many criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,720 per kilowatt in Woodruff. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Woodruff, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular choice because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Woodruff homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Woodruff, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Woodruff are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.83||$11,881||$21,858||8.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.77||$15,537||$29,449||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.72||$19,040||$37,192||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.67||$22,391||$45,087||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.61||$25,590||$53,135||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.56||$28,636||$61,335||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.50||$31,530||$69,688||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.45||$34,272||$78,192||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Look through the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the total cost, project timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you hire.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Woodruff, SC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.