Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rock Hill, SC (Feb 2023)
- Rock Hill Solar Installation Cost: $15,422
- 25-Year Savings: $26,439
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rock Hill
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra energy and expertise. For that reason, most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Rock Hill
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rock Hill
There are many factors that can affect your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,720 per kilowatt in Rock Hill. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will largely affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Rock Hill, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.83||$11,881||$19,114||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.77||$15,537||$25,790||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.72||$19,040||$32,618||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.67||$22,391||$39,598||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.61||$25,590||$46,731||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.56||$28,636||$54,016||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.50||$31,530||$61,454||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.45||$34,272||$69,044||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will affect not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Rock Hill, SC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.