Solar Panel Cost Guide in Central, SC (Feb 2023)
- Central Solar Installation Cost: $15,422
- 25-Year Savings: $30,190
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Central
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since installing solar panels by yourself can be challenging. The expertise that solar companies provide can be useful as well, especially if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Central
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Central
There are a number of criteria that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Central, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,720 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Central average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Central have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. Even though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Central homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Central, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.83||$11,881||$21,915||8.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.77||$15,537||$29,525||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.72||$19,040||$37,287||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.67||$22,391||$45,201||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.61||$25,590||$53,268||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.56||$28,636||$61,487||7.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.50||$31,530||$69,858||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.45||$34,272||$78,382||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Central, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's necessary to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and kinds of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Central, SC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.