Solar Panel Cost Guide in Newport East, RI (Feb 2023)
- Newport East Solar Installation Cost: $7,813
- 25-Year Savings: $14,134
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Newport East
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra time and expertise. Because of that, the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Newport East
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Newport East
Although the average cost of a solar system in Newport East is $7,813, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Newport East average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Newport East, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to clean energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Newport East, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$21,076||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$28,419||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$35,921||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$43,583||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$51,403||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$59,383||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$67,521||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$75,819||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Newport East, RI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.