Solar Panel Cost Guide in Cranston, RI (Feb 2023)
- Cranston Solar Installation Cost: $8,270
- 25-Year Savings: $13,677
- Payback Period: 9.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Cranston
When going solar, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installation company since putting up solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Cranston
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Cranston
The cost of installing a solar system in Cranston can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,840 per kilowatt in Cranston. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Cranston, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Cranston to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to a higher cost over time due to interest. While solar loans make going solar more accessible for Cranston homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will influence your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$19,227||9.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$25,954||9.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$32,840||9.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$39,885||9.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$47,090||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$54,453||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$61,975||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$69,657||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Cranston, RI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.