Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wyomissing, PA (Jan 2023)
- Wyomissing Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,084
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wyomissing
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it takes extra time and expertise. That's why most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Wyomissing
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wyomissing
For many Wyomissing homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Wyomissing, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Wyomissing average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Wyomissing, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,373||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,449||12.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,669||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,031||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,536||11.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$33,184||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,974||10.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,908||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will affect not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Wyomissing, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.