Solar Panel Cost Guide in Willistown, PA (Jan 2023)
- Willistown Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,972
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Willistown
Installing solar panels on your own can be a stressful undertaking, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Another advantage of using a solar installer is that they can help you maximize your return of investment by reducing your future costs of repairs and replacements with the help of warranties and informing you of local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a licensed solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Willistown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Willistown
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Willistown: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Willistown homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,316||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,041||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,908||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,918||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,070||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,366||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,804||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,385||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the durability of your solar energy system, checking if your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Willistown, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.