Solar Panel Cost Guide in Whitehall, PA (Jan 2023)
- Whitehall Solar Installation Cost: $11,924
- 25-Year Savings: $13,030
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Whitehall
When going solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. The expertise that solar companies provide can be valuable as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Whitehall, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Whitehall
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Whitehall
Though the average cost of a solar system in Whitehall is $11,924, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar energy system in Whitehall, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular choice because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Whitehall homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Whitehall, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,287||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,335||12.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,525||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,859||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,335||11.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,954||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,716||11.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,620||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and types of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Whitehall, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.