Solar Panel Cost Guide in West Hazleton, PA (Jan 2023)
- West Hazleton Solar Installation Cost: $12,406
- 25-Year Savings: $11,905
- Payback Period: 12.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in West Hazleton
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra labor and know-how. That's one of the reasons almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in West Hazleton:
See all of the solar companies in West Hazleton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in West Hazleton
For many West Hazleton homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in West Hazleton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,550. The brand of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will largely affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are a solid choice because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you pick will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in West Hazleton have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$9,857||13.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$13,428||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$17,142||12.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$20,999||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$24,998||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$29,141||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$33,426||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$37,854||11.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you'd like plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies offer different panels.
EcoWatch's West Hazleton, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.