Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wescosville, PA (Feb 2023)
- Wescosville Solar Installation Cost: $11,924
- 25-Year Savings: $12,644
- Payback Period: 12.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wescosville
Installing solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Wescosville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wescosville
There are many criteria that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,550 per kilowatt in Wescosville. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Wescosville average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Wescosville homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can influence your pricing. Wescosville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,940||12.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$14,872||12.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$18,947||12.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,165||11.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$27,526||11.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,029||11.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$36,675||11.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$41,464||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over around 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Wescosville, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.