Solar Panel Cost Guide in Vandergrift, PA (Feb 2023)
- Vandergrift Solar Installation Cost: $12,549
- 25-Year Savings: $8,495
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Vandergrift
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Also, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, going with a solar company can help with that too. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on installation and sometimes even information on local incentives and net metering programs.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Vandergrift:
See all of the solar companies in Vandergrift
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Vandergrift
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Vandergrift: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar system in Vandergrift, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Vandergrift, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Vandergrift have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Vandergrift, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$6,817||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$9,375||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$12,075||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$14,919||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$17,905||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$21,034||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$24,306||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$27,720||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a good company.
EcoWatch's Vandergrift, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.