Solar Panel Cost Guide in Upper Hanover, PA (Jan 2023)
- Upper Hanover Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $13,440
- Payback Period: 11.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Upper Hanover
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra time and know-how. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Upper Hanover:
See all of the solar companies in Upper Hanover
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Upper Hanover
There are several factors that can influence your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,550. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Upper Hanover to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Upper Hanover is the company you hire to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,824||12.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,051||11.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,421||11.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,934||11.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$29,589||11.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$34,388||11.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$39,329||10.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$44,412||10.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will affect not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: Review the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, project completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Upper Hanover, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.