Solar Panel Cost Guide in Tyrone, PA (Feb 2023)
- Tyrone Solar Installation Cost: $12,334
- 25-Year Savings: $15,210
- Payback Period: 11.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Tyrone
When going solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar company since putting up solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Tyrone, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Tyrone
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Tyrone
There are many factors that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,550. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Tyrone average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Tyrone, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar system can play a part in determining your pricing. Tyrone's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,764||11.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,305||11.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,988||11.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,814||11.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$31,782||10.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$36,894||10.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$42,148||10.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$47,545||10.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will influence not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies offer various brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar company. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Tyrone, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.