Solar Panel Cost Guide in Thompsonville, PA (Jan 2023)
- Thompsonville Solar Installation Cost: $12,316
- 25-Year Savings: $8,727
- Payback Period: 14.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Thompsonville
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it takes extra energy and expertise. For that reason, most homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers offer can be helpful as well, especially if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Thompsonville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Thompsonville
For many Thompsonville homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Thompsonville, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,550. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Thompsonville average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Thompsonville homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$7,154||15.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$9,824||14.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$12,638||14.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$15,594||14.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$18,692||14.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$21,934||13.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$25,318||13.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$28,845||13.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Thompsonville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Thompsonville, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.