Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sunbury, PA (Jan 2023)
- Sunbury Solar Installation Cost: $12,299
- 25-Year Savings: $12,012
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sunbury
Installing solar panels on your own can be a stressful undertaking, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
Working with a professional solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Sunbury
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sunbury
There are a number of factors that can influence your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Sunbury, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Sunbury homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you pick will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,028||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$13,656||12.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$17,427||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$21,340||12.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$25,397||12.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$29,596||11.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$33,938||11.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$38,423||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Sunbury, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.