Solar Panel Cost Guide in Spry, PA (Jan 2023)
- Spry Solar Installation Cost: $11,781
- 25-Year Savings: $15,363
- Payback Period: 10.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Spry
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be hard. The expertise that solar companies provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Spry
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Spry
For many Spry homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Spry, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,550 per kilowatt in Spry. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar panels can affect your pricing. Spry's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,542||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,342||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$23,284||10.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$28,369||10.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,597||10.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,968||10.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$44,481||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$50,138||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: If you care about the endurance of your solar energy system, checking if your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar company has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
EcoWatch's Spry, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.