Solar Panel Cost Guide in Springfield, PA (Feb 2023)
- Springfield Solar Installation Cost: $11,620
- 25-Year Savings: $15,025
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Springfield
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a time-consuming task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Some solar companies, particularly local ones, can help you make the most of incentives in Springfield, optimizing your ROI.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Springfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Springfield
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Springfield: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will significantly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a solid route because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Springfield homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar system can impact the cost. Springfield's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Springfield are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,415||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,172||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$23,072||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$28,114||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,300||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,628||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$44,100||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,713||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's Springfield, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.