Solar Panel Cost Guide in Spring City, PA (Feb 2023)
- Spring City Solar Installation Cost: $11,674
- 25-Year Savings: $14,972
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Spring City
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it requires extra effort and knowledge. Because of that, most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment you need.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Spring City, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Spring City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Spring City
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Spring City: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,550 per kilowatt in Spring City. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Spring City, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Spring City offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,316||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,041||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,908||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,918||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,070||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,366||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,804||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$49,385||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Spring City, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different kinds of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
EcoWatch's Spring City, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.