Solar Panel Cost Guide in Spring, PA (Jan 2023)
- Spring Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,084
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Spring
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel installer since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be challenging. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Spring
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Spring
There are a number of factors that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Spring, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Spring homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Spring, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,373||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,449||12.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,669||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$24,031||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,536||11.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$33,184||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,974||10.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,908||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will impact not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should take into account, including:
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you want to install plays a role in which installer you should go with, since different companies offer different panels.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Spring, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.