Solar Panel Cost Guide in South Union, PA (Feb 2023)
- South Union Solar Installation Cost: $12,531
- 25-Year Savings: $8,513
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in South Union
When going solar, many homeowners choose to go with a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. Local solar companies can also help you maximize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives you can take advantage of and by providing warranties and repairs.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in South Union
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in South Union
The cost of installing a solar system in South Union can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in South Union, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar panels can play a part in determining how much it costs. South Union's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$6,835||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$9,399||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$12,106||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$14,956||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$17,948||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$21,084||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$24,362||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$27,782||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in South Union, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running for years to come and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the project timeline.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's South Union, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.