Solar Panel Cost Guide in Smith, PA (Feb 2023)
- Smith Solar Installation Cost: $12,316
- 25-Year Savings: $11,328
- Payback Period: 13.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Smith
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies offer can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a licensed solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Smith
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Smith
There are several factors that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,550. The brand of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Smith homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will influence your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Smith have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$9,415||13.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$12,839||13.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$16,406||13.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$20,116||12.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$23,968||12.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$27,963||12.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$32,101||12.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$36,382||11.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Smith, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Smith, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.