Solar Panel Cost Guide in Skyline View, PA (Jan 2023)
- Skyline View Solar Installation Cost: $11,995
- 25-Year Savings: $12,959
- Payback Period: 12.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Skyline View
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since installing solar panels by yourself can be a lot of work. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Skyline View
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Skyline View
There are several factors that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in Skyline View, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Skyline View provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Skyline View, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,154||12.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,157||12.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,303||12.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,592||11.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,024||11.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,599||11.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,316||11.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,177||10.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will impact not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, such as:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Skyline View, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.