Solar Panel Cost Guide in Skippack, PA (Jan 2023)
- Skippack Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $14,319
- Payback Period: 11.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Skippack
Many homeowners decide to use a solar installer since installing solar panels by yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Some solar companies, especially local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Skippack, optimizing your ROI.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Skippack, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Skippack
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Skippack
There are many criteria that can affect your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Skippack provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Skippack is the company you get to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and find a company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,625||11.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,119||11.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,755||11.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,535||11.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$31,457||10.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$36,522||10.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$41,730||10.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$47,081||10.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Skippack, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
EcoWatch's Skippack, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.