Solar Panel Cost Guide in Shrewsbury, PA (Jan 2023)
- Shrewsbury Solar Installation Cost: $11,781
- 25-Year Savings: $15,363
- Payback Period: 10.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Shrewsbury
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Hiring a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Another upside of utilizing a solar installer is that they can help you maximize your return of investment by reducing your future costs of repairs and replacements with the help of warranties and informing you of local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a licensed solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Shrewsbury
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Shrewsbury
There are several criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,550. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to green energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Shrewsbury, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,542||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$18,342||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$23,284||10.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$28,369||10.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$33,597||10.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$38,968||10.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$44,481||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$50,138||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Shrewsbury, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.