Solar Panel Cost Guide in Shanor Northvue, PA (Feb 2023)
- Shanor Northvue Solar Installation Cost: $12,477
- 25-Year Savings: $12,456
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Shanor Northvue
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since trying to put up solar panels yourself can be hard. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
Working with a professional solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Shanor Northvue
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Shanor Northvue
There are many factors that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,550. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Shanor Northvue average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Shanor Northvue offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of green energy solutions in Shanor Northvue, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Shanor Northvue are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,275||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$13,986||12.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$17,840||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$21,836||12.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$25,975||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$30,257||11.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$34,682||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$39,249||11.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Contract: Read the contract terms closely to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, project completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover panel repairs and maintenance over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a good company.
EcoWatch's Shanor Northvue, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.