Solar Panel Cost Guide in Scott, PA (Feb 2023)
- Scott Solar Installation Cost: $12,441
- 25-Year Savings: $14,795
- Payback Period: 11.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Scott
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your family.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Scott
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Scott
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Scott: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Scott, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Furthermore, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is difficult, solar loans are a popular choice because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,308||11.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,696||11.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,227||11.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,901||11.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,718||11.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,677||10.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$40,779||10.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,024||10.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
EcoWatch's Scott, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.