Solar Panel Cost Guide in Robinson, PA (Feb 2023)
- Robinson Solar Installation Cost: $12,441
- 25-Year Savings: $14,795
- Payback Period: 11.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Robinson
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your family.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Robinson
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Robinson
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Robinson: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Robinson, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid choice because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,308||11.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,696||11.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,227||11.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,901||11.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,718||11.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,677||10.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$40,779||10.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,024||10.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Robinson, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Robinson, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.