Solar Panel Cost Guide in Polk, PA (Feb 2023)
- Polk Solar Installation Cost: $12,138
- 25-Year Savings: $12,540
- Payback Period: 12.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Polk
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners opt to use a solar company since installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Polk, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Polk
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Polk
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Polk: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Polk homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,631||12.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$14,461||12.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$18,433||12.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$22,548||12.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$26,805||11.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$31,206||11.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$35,749||11.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$40,436||11.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Polk, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
EcoWatch's Polk, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.