Solar Panel Cost Guide in Plumstead, PA (Feb 2023)
- Plumstead Solar Installation Cost: $11,745
- 25-Year Savings: $14,291
- Payback Period: 11.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Plumstead
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar company since handling can be a time-consuming project. The payback period of solar panels will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy usage, but going with a solar installer can help you reach a break-even point sooner. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Plumstead
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Plumstead
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Plumstead: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid route because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Though solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Plumstead homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Plumstead is the company you choose to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,591||11.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,073||11.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,699||11.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$26,467||11.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$31,378||10.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$36,431||10.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$41,628||10.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$46,967||10.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the longevity of your solar panel system, ensuring your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
EcoWatch's Plumstead, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.