Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pitcairn, PA (Jan 2023)
- Pitcairn Solar Installation Cost: $12,441
- 25-Year Savings: $17,273
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pitcairn
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it requires extra labor and handiness. Because of that, almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Pitcairn:
See all of the solar companies in Pitcairn
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pitcairn
For many Pitcairn homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Pitcairn, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,550. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Pitcairn have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panels can impact how much it costs. Pitcairn's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$14,440||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$19,539||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$24,781||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$30,166||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$35,693||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$41,364||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$47,177||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$53,132||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Pitcairn, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Pitcairn, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.