Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pine, PA (Feb 2023)
- Pine Solar Installation Cost: $12,441
- 25-Year Savings: $13,601
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pine
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Pine
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pine
For many Pine homeowners, the decision to install solar panels comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Pine, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular choice because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Pine, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,280||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,325||12.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,513||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,844||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$28,318||11.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,935||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,694||11.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$42,597||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: If you care about the endurance of your solar panel system, ensuring your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Pine, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.