Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pennside, PA (Jan 2023)
- Pennside Solar Installation Cost: $11,870
- 25-Year Savings: $13,727
- Payback Period: 11.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pennside
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Hiring a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment you need.
Working with a professional solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Pennside
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pennside
While the average cost of a solar system in Pennside is $11,870, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Pennside, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Pennside offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Pennside, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,953||12.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,223||11.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,636||11.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,192||11.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$29,890||11.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$34,731||10.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$39,715||10.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$44,842||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you want plays a role in which installer you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Pennside, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.