Solar Panel Cost Guide in Park Forest Village, PA (Jan 2023)
- Park Forest Village Solar Installation Cost: $12,513
- 25-Year Savings: $8,531
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Park Forest Village
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar installer since handling can be a challenging project. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you make the most of incentives in Park Forest Village, thereby optimizing your ROI.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Park Forest Village
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Park Forest Village
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Park Forest Village: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar energy system in Park Forest Village, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,550 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Park Forest Village, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of renewable energy solutions in Park Forest Village, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$6,877||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$9,455||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$12,176||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$15,040||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$18,046||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$21,195||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$24,487||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$27,922||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a good company.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Park Forest Village, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.