Solar Panel Cost Guide in Norristown, PA (Jan 2023)
- Norristown Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $14,882
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Norristown
When going solar, many homeowners decide to hire a solar company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a difficult project. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Norristown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Norristown
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Norristown: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,550 per kilowatt in Norristown. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Norristown provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you pick will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$13,139||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$17,804||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$22,612||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$27,562||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$32,656||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$37,892||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$43,271||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$48,793||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose greatly influences your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Norristown, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.