Solar Panel Cost Guide in New Hanover, PA (Jan 2023)
- New Hanover Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $13,921
- Payback Period: 11.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in New Hanover
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Taking advantage of a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in New Hanover
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in New Hanover
For many New Hanover homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in New Hanover, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like New Hanover, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many New Hanover homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in New Hanover is the company you choose to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,262||11.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,635||11.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$21,151||11.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,810||11.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,611||11.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,555||10.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$40,642||10.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$45,872||10.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you choose.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the completion timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's New Hanover, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.