Solar Panel Cost Guide in Montgomery, PA (Jan 2023)
- Montgomery Solar Installation Cost: $11,763
- 25-Year Savings: $16,626
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Montgomery
When going solar, many homeowners choose to use a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your home.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Montgomery
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Montgomery
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Montgomery: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,550. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Montgomery homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Montgomery, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$14,728||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$19,922||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$25,260||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$30,740||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$36,363||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$42,129||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$48,038||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$54,090||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Montgomery, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's important to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Montgomery, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.