Solar Panel Cost Guide in Minersville, PA (Feb 2023)
- Minersville Solar Installation Cost: $12,120
- 25-Year Savings: $12,191
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Minersville
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a vetted solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Minersville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Minersville
Though the average cost of a solar system in Minersville is $12,120, your actual cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,550 per kilowatt in Minersville. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Minersville to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to higher prices over time because of interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Minersville is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$10,355||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$14,092||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$17,972||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$21,995||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$26,161||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$30,469||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$34,920||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$39,514||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will affect not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Minersville, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.