Solar Panel Cost Guide in Millersville, PA (Feb 2023)
- Millersville Solar Installation Cost: $11,727
- 25-Year Savings: $12,583
- Payback Period: 12.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Millersville
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to go with a solar installer since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a time-consuming project. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
Working with a vetted solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Millersville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Millersville
For many Millersville homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Millersville, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,550. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Millersville average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Millersville have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you pick will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,056||12.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,027||12.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,141||12.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,398||11.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$27,797||11.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,339||11.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$37,024||11.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$41,852||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the company you choose considerably influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the cost.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Millersville, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.