Solar Panel Cost Guide in Middle Paxton, PA (Feb 2023)
- Middle Paxton Solar Installation Cost: $11,995
- 25-Year Savings: $12,830
- Payback Period: 12.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Middle Paxton
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make converting to solar power much easier. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a professional solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Middle Paxton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Middle Paxton
For many Middle Paxton homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Middle Paxton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,550. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Middle Paxton provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Middle Paxton, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,039||12.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$15,004||12.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,112||12.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,363||11.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$27,756||11.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,293||11.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$36,972||11.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$41,794||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Middle Paxton, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.