Solar Panel Cost Guide in Martic, PA (Feb 2023)
- Martic Solar Installation Cost: $11,727
- 25-Year Savings: $13,775
- Payback Period: 11.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Martic
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installer since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a difficult project. The payback period of solar panels will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy use, but working with a solar installer can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Martic
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Martic
There are a number of factors that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,550 per kilowatt in Martic. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Martic average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Martic provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you pick will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Martic have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$12,144||12.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$16,477||11.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$20,954||11.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$25,573||11.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$30,335||11.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$35,239||10.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$40,287||10.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$45,477||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a good company.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you want to get plays a role in which installer you should choose, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Martic, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.