Solar Panel Cost Guide in Marshall, PA (Feb 2023)
- Marshall Solar Installation Cost: $12,441
- 25-Year Savings: $13,292
- Payback Period: 12.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Marshall
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a challenging project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Marshall
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Marshall
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Marshall: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Marshall offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.65||$11,138||$11,014||12.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.60||$14,566||$14,971||12.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.55||$17,850||$19,070||12.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.50||$20,992||$23,313||11.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.45||$23,990||$27,698||11.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.40||$26,846||$32,226||11.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.35||$29,560||$36,897||11.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,130||$41,711||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose greatly influences your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Marshall, PA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.